Hamilton Ringette is excited to announce our partnership with The Hockey Tutor, Dave Tait of THT Hockey. Dave has a background as a Physical Education Specialist Teacher as well as a stunning list of credentials in the Hockey and skating world. We are pleased to announce that Dave and his team will be coaching our Learn to skate program this season. Learn to skate is a program for children aged 4-8 years of age who want to learn how to skate or want to improve their current skating skills.
Dave and his team will also be coaching our Power Skating sessions on Thursday evenings. Hamilton ringette is excited to see the programing Dave will be offering at the Power Skating Session. Expect his program to be a fun, fast paced program with lots of new drills and skills to be worked on. We stress that this session is a power skating program and is not for those players who are just learning to skate.
Hamilton Ringette players and parents I would like to introduce Dave Tait aka The Hockey Tutor. Below we will provide you with a little bit about Dave and the programs that he runs, as well as some of his credentials. Please visit his website at www.ththockey.com for more information.
“First a little about my philosophy and what I do. I work with skaters from beginners to AAA players, junior to the NHL. I believe wholeheartedly that skating in the basic building block for all skills and success at all levels. I have used my years of experience as a Kinesiology major, AAA and Junior hockey coach, development instructor and researcher to take my learning and create a proven skating program.”
THT provides a safe, fun, yet highly challenging learning environment for athletes of all levels; house league to AAA, junior to pro. Our technical instruction is scientifically researched and proven so we guarantee results.
THT Instructors teach, demonstrate and model the skill, have the athlete perform the skill, and then provide specific feedback for improvement. Through repetition, the player will develop accurate and correct muscle memory.
Below is a condensed list of Dave Tait’s Qualifications.
- THT HOCKEY Development – Director of Player Development & Head Instructor
- OHL Prospects Scout - TheScout.ca - GTHL, OMHA – SCTA
- International Skating and Shooting Instructor -
- NHL, AHL, KHL, SEL, OHL, NCAA, Junior A, B, C, HL - AAA
- Physical Education Specialist Teacher - 13 years
- Physical Education Specialist - Queens University
- SWC Hockey Canada Skills Academy - Founder/Head Instructor
- Coached at the AAA and Junior Levels
- Bachelor of Education - Brock University
- Bachelor of Hon Kinesiology - McMaster University
- Referee Supervisor and Level IV Referee
- CPR/First Aid Certification
- Coaching Theory Level I and Level II - McMaster University
- Safety in Sport Certification
Hamilton Ringette is excited to offer this opportunity to our players. Please visit our website for registration to our Learn to Skate program or to our Power Skating Session with Dave Tait. If you have any questions about the program please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org HRA is looking forward to a fun action packed 2017-18 season. See you all at the rink.